£10 per person | 10am
Each tour is led by a Chatsworth guide, offering the perfect way to learn more about the park and villages surrounding Chatsworth. Learn about how this landscape has evolved and some of the stories behind the sites as you take in some of the best views Chatsworth has to offer.
Walks are approximately two hours long and are available on the following days:
- 7 April and 21 July: Edensor
- 19 May and 29 September: Dunsa
- 30 June and 18 August: Dobb Edge
7 April and 21 July
Explore the estate village of Edensor and learn a bit more about its history as well.
Available 19 May and 29 September
A rare opportunity to see the park from Dunsa Farm. Begin with a walk over the crobbs and along the track to Dunsa Farm. View the Millennium Avenue from the top before returning via Edensor.
Dobb Edge and the Hunting Tower
Available 30 June and 18 August
Follow the 18th century road across the North Park before climbing to the viewpoint at Dobb Edge. Pause at the Hunting Tower before returning through Stand Wood to the house.
Planning your day
- All park walks start at the game larder at 10am.
- Your walk is led by an experienced Chatsworth Guide.
- We welcome well-behaved dogs on leads.
What should I expect?
- Terrain is varied with steep climbs, mostly on footpaths, sometimes tarmac roads, across fields and over stiles.
- Walks will go ahead in all weather conditions.
What should I pack for the day?
- Wear sturdy walking shoes or boots.
- Bring waterproof clothing.
- Bring plenty of water.
Looking for somewhere to stay?
We have a collection of hotels, inns, cottages and restaurants on and around the Chatsworth Estate that will make your visit that little bit more comfortable and special. Visit our chatsworthstays.co.uk website to find out more and to book online.